Saturday, May 07, 2005

How fast they do grow! :(

Wow! Where does the time go? It seems such a short time ago that I was so excited about starting my first year of teaching, and it is now only a few short weeks from being over...

They say that teachers never forget their first year's kids, and I can see how that is going to be very true. I'm now scrambling to take as many pictures of them as I can before they move into the first grade and I never see some of them again. Our school houses most of the district's Kindergarteners, so some of my class will be going to a different school next year. *sniff* This does not bode well. I am still 5 weeks from the end of the year, and I already miss my five and six year-olds! I cannot even begin to tell you what their hugs and "I love you's" mean on a daily basis. It's like having twenty kids of your own who adore you, and there are times when you just want to strangle them, but really you just love them and hope that you are sending them off with the best of what they need to succeed. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't lose it the last day of school and just retain the whole class for another year of Kindergarten! I really wish I could show you pics of their smiling faces, but to avoid lawsuits, we'll have to keep their darling faces off the internet, and you can just imagine the cutest class ever. :)

In the good news category, I already signed my contract for next year, so I can comfortably kick back through the summer without running around looking for a new job. Yeah, that would have sucked. I still have no idea what grade I'll be teaching next year, but I'll be teaching, and that's the most important thing.

Oh, by the way, I actually DO have knitting content for today! I took a few pics at the very low-attendance women's shelter fundraiser, and have some pics of some VERY gorgeous ladies!

Here's Summers gazing lovingly at the jar candle that was the evening's prize. Notice that we are not at Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf, but does the cup suggest otherwise? :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jayme's showing off her mad knitting skills on a scarf in a gorgeous colorway. That or she's hiding.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Rach is knitting the famed birthday dress for Noel that I'm sure you'll ba able to see on her blog after this afternoon when it's given to the birthday girl.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And yes, even I had time to work on the Pinup Queen. I'm almost to the armholes on the back! Halellujah! This sweater may actually get done this year! And yes this pic was taken on my lap. No, it's not a blanket. I am however going to be lengthening the torso so that I can wear it in the classroom and avoid tummy peekage.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyway, I'm off to the 1st Bday of one of the cutest girls around, so I'll be back with pics of cute kids after all. :)

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM , Blogger Jayme said...

haha, i'm doing both!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Melicrious said...

wow! i can't believe its nearly over!! I remember clearly when you first srarted teaching them and you were so excited! Super congrats on your first year Mellisa!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home