Sunday, January 23, 2005

Crap in a Bag

I know that first year teachers are notorious for spending their entire first year being sick, but this is getting ridiculous! I woke up this morning with another stuffy nose and a jackhammer doing construction in my head. This must be payment for the gallon of coffee I drank yesterday. Ugh. In hindsight, I don't think that was the best idea.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my blog about AJ. Still nothing until tomorrow, so I've been spending my time trying to occupy myself so as not to worry too much until there is something to worry about. Friday sucked. Yesterday, was wonderful, however. Kelly and I hung out together all day starting at Duke's for brunch. Duke's is right by the beach, so we sat outside and talked and ate. We tried to knit there for awhile, but soon decided to go downtoen to the local thrift stores to try our luck at purchasing some sweaters for recycling. Wow! Did we ever get lucky!


I was too excited with my finds to take pictures before I tore them apart, but here is a picture of what became of a chocolate brown, lambswool sweater from JCREW.

Hosted by Photobucket.com

It was a men's sweater, so it wouldn't have looked good on me as it was, but when it becomes whatever it is destined to become, this yarn is going to be oh so yummy! I also found another men's sweater in a grey heather that I love and may just take apart today. More yuumy goodness! But that doesn't include the four or five OTHER sweaters I bought just to wear as is! I spent roughly $25 yesterday on sweaters that would normally have cost me a total of $300+, so I am SO not complaing. Not a bad day for shopping, eh?

After shopping we went to a little cafe downtown called Palermo and knitted outside in the sunshine for a couple of hours. It was so relaxing.
Hosted by Photobucket.com Hosted by Photobucket.com

I really needed that. Thanks, Kel! At least a half dozen little old ladies came to look at what we were making and asked about our knitting. That was fun. We were even given the title "real knitters" by one lady who seemed VERY impressed. Then another wanted to know if knitting was our business! :O WHAT!? It's always nice to hear that someone thinks you're that good. It totally caught me off guard, though.

After Palermo, Kelly came over for a night of steak, wine, and recycling yarn! So fun!

Today, being that I feel like (as H so mildly puts it) crap in a bag, I think I am going on hiatus. No housework, no yardwork, just movies, tea, and knitting. Oh, and maybe soup. Yeah, soup. I only have to put the second handle on the Little Cabled Purse, and I'm done. I'm thinking of skipping the lining 'cause the lining in Zeeby's was a pain in the ass. We'll see. I've already got my next project started. I started using this:

100% Pure New Wool
Hosted by Photobucket.com

For this:

Hosted by Photobucket.com



The gauge was dead-on, so I'm excited to work on it while I'm waiting for the yarn to come in from Smiley's that will allow me to start the Debbie Bliss Cabled Jacket. It's only about an inch of red 2x2 ribbing for right now, so I'll take a picture when it's a little more exciting to look at.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday. I'm off to shower and change into different pj's.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm told first-year teachers and first-year students have a tough year healthwise. After that, I'm told their immune systems are seriously stregthened.

On a knitting note, I want to knit that sweater from SNB too! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home