Why?
I got a call today from my mom that has me very sad and very freaked out. She left a message on my cell phone and began it with "I don't know how to say this..." VERY BAD SIGN!!!After listening to a five minute message, this is what I got. My mom was bathing my nephew, AJ, and felt a lump on his head where his soft spot was. He's 1 by the way. She had noticed it before, but it was very small. Yesterday it was bigger. Bigger enough that she noticed that it had grown. Being the nervous grandma that she is, she convinced my sister to take him to the doctor to be checked out. The doctor, upon inspecting his head, figured it was nothing but called for an X-ray and told everyone that the results would be in no earlier than Monday. Only HOURS later, the doctor calls and says she wants an immediate scan! F#$%! Not good.
Then, of course, because the doctor's office not filling out the right forms, or some crap, our family now has to wait until Monday to have the scan done and find out what's going on. Poor little guy! Mom said he was in the best mood today, running around the hospital and 'talking' to everyone who passed by. He's so super cute! I just want the call that tells me he's ok!
It's going to be a very long weekend. I think I need to go knit now and not think about it. I know I need to not worry until there is something official to worry about. I'll be back with more positive thoughts later.


5 Comments:
All possible fingers and toes will be crossed for you. This will make my knitting look like ass, but for you, baby, anything.
I'll be looking for your news (GOOD news!) next week.
The waiting is always the toughest part of any of it. My brother was diagnosed with bone cancer a few years ago - then had a relapse last year. He had lots of tests, biopsies, and surgeries done --- and I assure you, whatever you are afraid of is much, much worse than whatever the reality of the situation will reveal. I'm sure Monday will be a huge relief. And he's growing too so it could be nothing, or even if it is - kids are so relilent and strong. It really is incredible. But I feel for you. It's tough not knowing. You and your family are in my prayers.
These kind of situations are never easy. You would think that there would be some way to expedite testing for things so people wouldn't have to wonder.
Even if it's nothing, which is what we are all hoping, it's good that Grandma noticed and that your sister took him to the doctor.
I know it's hard, and you're tired of people telling you to try not to worry, but that's my advice too.
Know that we're praying for him, you, and your family.
Melissa, add me to the list of those holding a good thought...
Patti
I'm thinking happy and hopeful thoughts for you and your family.
heide
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home