Glub, glub, glub
That is the sound that our backyard is making right now as it is STILL raining and is STILL pissing me off. I'm so sick of the rain! Sorry, Dad. I could never, EVER live in Seattle. Quel depressing! :( Also not helping is the fact that today is my last day of vacation, and, as ever, it's going to fast!Being that it rained all day yesterday, we stayed in and I worked on this:
Meema's Marsupial Tote in it's unfelted, but completed, form.
Here it is, all felty and lovely, stretching and drying out after its nice warm bath. :)
Friday, I met up with a group of teachers that I work with for tea and knitting and taught two of the girls to knit. Here are a few of them hanging out around the table. See the knitting on the table? :)
We had a great time, and I'm working on getting them all to bring their knitting with them to lunch, so we can have knitting group everyday, but we'll see.
Lastly, I realized that I still hadn't put up pictures of one of my last FO's of the year. This is the Charity Blanket that the Good Cup group put together right around Christmas time. My squares are the basket weave that is the 2nd down and 3rd across and the slant-stitch square directly below. We were really happy with how it turned out.
Today, I promised myself that I would do nothing but knit related stuff and watch movies so with the help of this:
New TOYS! A swift I received for Christmas and a ballwinder from Ebay.
This sweater is quickly becoming a beautiful collection of 100% Pure New Wool. The yarn is so much prettier in the ball, and I promise to take a picture of all its loveliness as soon as I finish unraveling the last panel today.
Hope you're all having a great Sunday and that you all have an easier time going back to work than I do tomorrow. "Wish me luck for a Rainy-Day Schedule!" :S


1 Comments:
I am sorry your last day of vacation is flying by. I know the feeling! It is a bit uncanny you mentioned the cotton baby blanket because that is exactly what I was going to use! Mercerized cotton in the perfect green that I already have! I may start it & just see how much I hate it, thanks for the info! I found a really cute pattern with cables & eyelets I will post a pic of it on my blog today.
Hope your day goes well & you have fun knitting! Enjoy it while it lasts! Oh & I hope you can come tomorrow night!
Chaun
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home