Monday, December 13, 2004

Tempur-loving it!

OK. I'm back. Had a pretty lax day at work with the kiddos and we all had a great time rehearsing for our Christmas Sing. They were cuter than I could tell you. There's one student who apparently is not amused at being put in the back row. He keeps pushing his way through all the other students onstage to be in the front. He's five. What can you say? I have every intention of catching it all on video on Wednesday, and I can only hope that they are as funny then as they were today.

Anyway. Onto what we did this weekend. Greg and I have added a dining room table to our list of "needs" as ours only seats four, max. On Saturday, we drove down to Woodland Hills to seek out the perfect table that will not only fit in our tiny dining room, but it must also expand to seat a minimum of two thousand people so that we can safely fit both of our families around it at any given holiday. You think I'm kidding, don't you?

We, of course, found nothing that also fit the description of "Mexican Rustic," which is the theme it looks like we're going for, now that we can afford to get out of our Newlywed Furniture. We did, however, pick up a Christmas tree on the way home, and I am currently sitting on the sofa, listening to Manheim Steamroller's Christmas CD and inhaling the tree's heavenly scent. Ahhh! Undecorated, but still beautiful.

I didn't get a chance to work on the FBS this weekend, but I finally dug my previously-considered finished poncho back out of the closet and began knitting a ribbed neckline onto it. I had the worst time wearing it to work a couple of weeks ago as it kept falling off my shoulders every two minutes. Not conducive to any art projects containing paint, glue, ink, or little hands that pull on anything remotely resembling fringe. So, I'm almost finished with one side of the V-neck and will probably be taking that to Knit Nite on Wednesday, as the FBS just requires way too much attention to attempt talking and sipping coffee at the same time.

I may have to put the FBS away until after Christmas anyway because I did have a couple of things I'd like to knit as gifts, and there's no way to do that unless I put it away for a while. Don't worry, said gifts will be made up of things like beanies, scarves, and some really easy hand puppets.

Knitting and resting time over Christmas break is going to be a lot more enjoyable this year after recently acquiring this (please ignore the pillows as they are hideous and will be changed-out shortly) and this. Hallelujah to comfort! Can't wait to spend three weeks in my pjs with my knitting, movies, and some warm apple cider. Yum!

Time now to knit before it's time for bed. I have to apologize as my commenting on all your blogs has been a little sparse, but I promise I am reading them all and loving reading about all your holiday projects. Be back soon!

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh....my....gosh!!! I am so happy (truly jealous but I can be happy for others ;o)) for you & your lovely furniture. You will have to report on the bed, we are in the market & I just drool over the Tempupedic! Hope to see you soon, if not, Happy early Bday!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home