Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Flower Basket Shawl

OK. I am now thoroughly irritated. After a great night knitting my FBS last night, I'm stuck. There is a repeat in the lace pattern that I just do not understand. It gives you a chart for the Lower Flower Basket, and I did that just fine. Each rs row increases two stitches and the wrong side row purls its way back. The problem is the repeat. When you start the second round of the samwe chart, you now have an extra 8 stitches on your needle. Being that I've never done lace before, nor read a chart, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyway, if there is anyone who gets this message in a bottle before I tear my hair out and go running to my local yarn store, is there anyone who can help me out of my misery? I've also posted on KR, so we'll see what happens, but I'm dying to know what to do! Help!

2 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my friend sent me your message in a bottle on the flower shawl. I to had your experience. After you knit the first 10 rows of upper flower basket shawl you should have 10 exter stitches. Then when you knit the first section of row 1 you'll when to go through and knit all the stitches that the pattern shows then just repeat the middle ten stitches for your extra stitches. I know that sounds strange. But if you read the chart below the pattern I believe there are bold lines that refer as the repeat. In the first section there is a box of 10 stitches that is what is repeated for you extra stitches. That will happen (7x) if you follow the pattern. I hope this helps as I had to go to my LYS 3 times before I could get explained right for me. Once that clicks you will fly through it.
Best of luck.
Valerie

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger caramelknits said...

Thank you so much. I think I've got it now. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home