Sweet and Creamy...Mmmm...
Thanks to Kelly for sending me this quiz.
You're a Caramel!! You are known for your
sweetness. You are comfortable with yourself,
and help others feel the same way about
themselves. You are generally friendly to
everyone, and believe in second chances.
Which kind of candy are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
How appropriate is that?! I knew I picked the right name for my blog!
You're a Caramel!! You are known for your
sweetness. You are comfortable with yourself,
and help others feel the same way about
themselves. You are generally friendly to
everyone, and believe in second chances.
Which kind of candy are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
How appropriate is that?! I knew I picked the right name for my blog!
As far as my little queue goes from yesterday, I was true to my word and started #2 on my list. That's right. I have begun work on my very first felted project! Yay for me! :P
Here's the bottom of Meema's Felted Marsupial Tote using a single strand of Patons UpCountry. I was so excited to get exact gauge, but, this being the bottom, I'm a little worried that it will turn out a little small. No big deal, really, as I'm not a big purse carrying kind of person. We'll see. As far as colors go, this is a pretty good idea of the "dark oak".

It will go great with the ice blue handle I have in store for it. I love blue and brown together and can't wait to see the finished product.

Worried about messing up my machine, I'm getting together all my unwanted pillow cases now and will try out a test swatch. I'm fairly confident that the Patons with felt a lot, so I want to see just how much sheddage I can count on in my washing machine. Then I'll just try to compensate with more pillow cases(?). Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Last, since I went to visit one of them yesterday and didn't get any pictures, I leave with you with three of my favorite kidlets. They and my class are the only things keeping me sane while I wait for my turn to have kidlets of my very own.
The trio (left to right: Noel, Devon, and Layna). Three of my pseudo-nieces and three VERY cute little girls.

Who wouldn't love to spend a day hanging out with any one of them? :)


3 Comments:
I love brown and blue also. I can'a wait to see your first felted purse. I have never felted yet either. I really really want to...soon!
Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com
I also made meemas tote as my first felting project, but using Patons Merino. I threw it in the wash with a few pairs of old jeans and it felted beautifully. Love your color choices!
You've inspired me to add this to my list of projects to make. I've been wanting to knit something in brown and light pink, and I think this would be perfect. I can't wait to see finished pictures!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home