Reminders of yesteryear...
Remember when I couldn't wait to be done with school so that I could finally relax?Remember when I used to knit into the wee hours of the night as a procrastination attempt?
Remember when I used to do things like go to the movies, go on bike rides, go to the beach...?
Remember when I used to ACTUALLY relax???!!!
Yeah, neither do I...
This is the first weekend that I have not had any Partylite shows, any pressing or obligatory family function, or home project in MONTHS!
I am enjoying every single minute of it, and I am finally starting to take deep breaths again. Don't get me wrong! I have, so far, been uber-successful at the Partylite thing, making over a thousand dollars in my first month. I'm having a great time doing it, and do not foresee giving it up any time soon. It has allowed me the chance to spend some time with my sister and nephew and afforded me the opportunity to reconnect with a few old friends that I don't regularly get the chance to talk to. It has also brought a few new friends on the scene that I see as continuing on into the long-term.
I did, however, make a stupid mistake last week. I scheduled 3, count them-3, shows a few days before the dreaded parent/teacher conference week was to begin. Stupid, stupid, stupid. There is no worse way to ensure that you are exhausted beyond belief than throwing 3 parties before you're about to do 20 presentations to anxious parents. Then you get to talk...and talk...and talk for hours upon end until your voice is just about non-existent and your ass wants to scream from sitting in rock hard, midget chairs for hours upon end. It was a less than stellar week, let me tell you. Purposely blocking out Friday as a possibility for conferences was the best possible thing I could have done for myself as I decided that it was time for a personal health day and called in sick. I did nothing. And it was the most awesome nothing I've ever experienced.
So here I am, coming out of nothingness to apologize for my lack of contact. I have thought of you often, and am eager to please once more. I can't promise a whole lot of knitting content for a while, but I will bring to you what I can.
Just remember that summer is coming... Long days at the beach, picturesque hikes, and vacations loom as my class of twenty swirls around me in their last steps toward the first grade. I'm already sad that there are only a few weeks left of their adorable "I love you's" and hugs. And yet, I have not been more excited about summer in a long, long time.
I guess for now I should just focus on spring and all the things I have yet to teach. So much left, so little time! Oh well. At least there are no more conferences for the rest of the year, and I have ten weeks left to enjoy this craziness that I have surrounded myself in.
Till next time...Happy Spring!!!


2 Comments:
I'm so happy you're alive & well, and that the candle biz is booming!
I can't wait to see your hair in person! Aren't lists just the best?? Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home