A sweater for every occasion
Yeah, ok. I know I suck for leaving you all hanging. The only thing close to an excuse that I can think of is that I now have two jobs. "Yikes! What's that you say? Two jobs?" Yes. Well, kind of. You may have noticed the new button in my sidebar for Partylite. I have just recently become a consultant for Partylite. Much like Tupperware, they are a company that hires consultants to do presentations at candle parties. Unlike Tupperware (no offense to anyone out there who may sell it), Partylite parties are REALLY fun. Now this is probably due to the fact that I and most people I know LOVE candles, but I'm allowed to be biased on my own blog, right? So, for now, I'm scrambling to get my first 6 parties booked so that I can earn my free starter kit and load myself up on contacts, and MAN is it keeping me busy!!!So, AJ. He is, of course, fine. All that for nothing but a lumpy head, but at least we know now that he should never shave his head... Thank you again to everyone who was concerned and sent your good thoughts. Even though there ended up being nothing wrong, it was such a sweet thing to see so many people care about someone they've never met. Wow. It was really humbling. So thank you for your kind words and thoughts. They were more appreciated than you'll ever know.
As far as knitting has gone, there isn't much. I've done a miniscule amount of work on the Pinup Queen and two rows on the Aran-that-really-isn't. (I know that my sweater isn't technically an aran, but for time's and typing's sake that's what I'm calling it till it's done. K?) Sad, huh? I have been going to knitting group more frequently however and really enjoying hanging out with the girls. It's so nice just to sit and chat. This last Thursday there were only Jayme, Mdog (otherwise known as "the other Melissa") and myself, and the two of them were cracking me up! I also just received my Super Kid mohair to make the Mohair Cowl Pullover in winter's IK, but I think that starting it is a LONG way off. I want to finish off at least ONE of the sweaters I now have on the needles! It will hopefully spur me to want to finish.
I apologize again for not keeping up with my blogging obligation. Consider my wrist slapped. I'll be back again soon to update you on last weekend's events. So fun!


3 Comments:
I am glad to hear that everything is ok with your nephew!!
Hopefully your partylite experience doesn't turn out like my Mary Kay experience. It was nice to make the extra money, but sometimes the directors can be a little pushy...but I guess you never know until you try!
Wow you are a busy girl. I sure hope you find some quality time soon for knitting if that's what you desire! :-)
Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com
Glad AJ is ok!
Hope the candle parties go well. I know two ladies who do EXTREMELY well with candle sales!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home