Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye to 2005!

It's the last day of the year. I know tomorrow really will just be another day that someone decided should be the first day of the year, but, for some reason, January 1st has always held meaning for me. It seems easier to convince yourself that there is a reason to try to be better starting with that specific day.

At the beginning of this year, we experienced complete chaos and disaster within our household. It has taken us an entire year to recover, rebuild, and settle. My new teaching job has worked on me to create and sustain more of the chaos and stress that I have fought against. I am recognizing that I was a much more centered person in 2004. 2005 has been tough, but there is no reason why I can't take steps to make changes in 2006.

So, here are some things that I'm planning for 2006:

  1. Breathe more.
  2. Strive to stay in the moment more often.
  3. Call my friends and family more.
  4. Remind myself that I chose to teach to help shape a better tomorrow. Anger and frustration with obstacles are only temporary.
  5. Read more. Watch TV less.
  6. Give when I can, but remember to say 'no.'
  7. Knit. A. Lot.
  8. Follow through with others.
  9. Find more ways to be kind.
  10. Get pregnant. :)

This year is going to be about reconnecting. This year is going to be less about trying to do everything but still doing as much as I can. This is going to be the year that I take care of myself (and those I love) physically, emotionally, and (esp) spiritually.

This is going to be the year that I finish that damned sweater! Think I'll go knit right now.

Happy New Year.

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Very nice list. Looks commendable and achievable.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Are you planning on posting anything this year?

;o)

Sorry - that was really bratty of me.

I know you're busy - I'm just teasing you.

I don't comment as often as I should - but I do enjoy keeping up on your adventures.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday and catching up then.

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger Charisse said...

Where have you been.
I hope all is ok...
Come back soon
It's been 5 months

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home