Thursday, November 10, 2005

What was I thinking?!

Still at school, but I'm leaving soon to go to the Java Station. Anyone else going tonight? I've had precious little time to work on the sleeves of the Pinup Queen, but I'm still devoted to finishing this sweater before Christmas so I can wear it on Christmas morning. Apparently, I'm not that worried about starting projects for anyone else this year because it is now November, and I have done little more than gaze at my kntting books and wish I had more time to make soft, wooly wonders.

I would love to make stockings for everyone in the family or mitten and hat sets for everyone. Just know that if you are a member of the family that you probably shouldn't get your hopes up this year. I have one week of winter break before Christmas, and I highly doubt that I'll get ambitious enough to clothe you all. I DO still love you, but, this year, the woolens are for me. I have four projects on needles that are all mine. I hope to finish one...ever.

I promised some parents today that I was going to teach all the students in my class to knit in January or February. Is that a bad thing? What is the best way to go about this? I figured I would start with just a few students a day at lunch time, so that I wouldn't be too overwhelmed and that, by the end, they'd all be able to help each other. I saw these really great tutorial cards online for kids that would be great to use after they're starting to practice individually. Think I'll be able to get parents to chip in for that? We'll see... Anyway, any tips for maintaining my sanity in this endeavor would be great, and anyone who wants to volunteer in January would be even better!!! Anyone wanting to come hang out with a bunch of nine-year olds?

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM , Blogger Rabbitch said...

You're very brave! And I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job.

Do you have any parent helpers who could come in and assist, and you could teach more at once?

I've been corralled to do a dyeing workshop for a kindergarten class. *gulp*

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger Steve said...

Brave soul to trust kids with needles. You can always small group em at a time during the day so you won't have to 'waste' your lunchtime with em.

And just send out a notice requesting funds for those knitting cards and ALL supplies you'll need: if you have parents who blast you about their precious little flunkie, er, sweet and merely misunderstood child, then they will probably pick up the cost of the materials. [Don't spend any of your hard-earned $$$ if your parents can easily provide it.]

I'd volunteer but if any kid gives me attitude, combined with my lack of sleep, I'd probably shank em with the needle! [oooh..did I just say that aloud???]

Actually, when in January?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home