Thursday, August 04, 2005

OK- So, I had a blast in DC, hardly slept at all, and came back super-pumped to be in the candle biz. Anyone who thought I was crazy about candles before will probably want to take a step back from now on.

Anyway, I'm now getting ready for my ten-year high school reunion, and I find myself in the same predicament I'm sure many women do who realize they are about to reunite with 100 people they spent 4 years trying to impress (or at least not make an ass out of one's self). You can tell yourself that you don't give a rat's you-know-what about what people think of you now, but you're still out there trying to find the perfect dress that won't reveal that you've gained 20 pounds and shoes you won't fall in but will still make you look totally hot. WHY!? WHY!?

Am I that shallow? Will I be appraising everybody else as I'm sure they will be me? Why do men not care about these things? Both husbands of myself and my dear friend plan on pulling whatever crap they can pull out of the closet (that hopefully has remained clean since its last wear) and just throw it on. They REALLY don't care! They went to the same school, didn't they? I know men say they don't understand women, and I'd have to say this is one really big culture difference. I don't get it.

Summer is just about over, and I'm headed back to the clasroom shortly, but I don't want to talk about it. After feeling completely jerked around, I can't even think (much less talk) about the fact that I will start the year (and probably finish) the school year with 2nd, 3rd, 4th, AND 5th graders in my classroom. Yeah, can't really talk about it right now.

I DID manage to get some fun in knitwise and went with Rachel to LA to see The Harlot! Can I just say how hilarious she is? I mean, we know her blog is good for many a chuckle each and every post, but in person she's even more so! Anyway, here is the only picture I took while at the Knit Cafe, but if you read the Harlot anyway, you already have the basic idea.

It was great fun, I got my book signed, and I now can't wait for her next one to come out. At least it will help take the edge off of my teaching hell this year. I'm envisioning lots of late-night knitting/crying sessions sometime in the next 9 months. I guess I'll just have to plan more felting projects.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Blogger Steve said...

You're right: men don't care cuz we don't treat it like a "I'm gonna show everyone I turned out GREAT!" pyschological dilemna. [Not knocking you but all women in general - SHIELDS UP!] That's why I skipped my 10-year...no one I really wanted to impress or validate my self-worth.

But you can never go wrong with a black skirt with mild ruffles on the bottom, colorful blouse or form-fitting sweater, and black pumps.

Queer Eye Steve

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Rabbitch said...

Were you thinking of posting again some time soon? If we hit the two month mark I'm gonna have to update my sidebar ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home