Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Yarn for All Time

Well, I did it. I busted some 60+ skeins of yarn. Are you proud of me? "60 skeins, though?" you ask. "Do you have anything left?" Ask Rachel. She saw my stash in its infancy, and even she can attest to its rapid growth and my apparent weakness for string.

In case you don't know Rachel, here are pictures:

This is our dining room table. Greg made it shortly after we moved into the house and it is roughly 6'x3'. It's big.















Let's move around the table, shall we?


Here we have a lot ofGedifra, Wool-Ease, BernatBaby, and other Schachenmayr Mega. In the background there is also the reycled yarn from two sweaters.

None of this yarn has any specific project in mind for it. It just is.









In these two pictures are the red wool I'm using for the Pinup Queen and the White Cotton for the Not-an-Aran. Then there's a whole lot of cotton and ten balls of le Fibre Nofili Imperiale for a great sweater that I'm a loooong way off from starting.

The acrylic is great for washable baby stuff, and I'm keeping it 'cause MAN there are some soft acrylics out there, and some of these are it.

You might also notice the four skeins of Rowan Polar I picked up on sale and my two lovely hanks of Prime Alpaca that I had to stop and pet for a while.


Then there's all that Debbie Bliss Merino Aran that I have yet to choose a pattern for. It's so soft and lovely, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with it. PLUS, then it won't be in my stash anymore, and I'd have to BUY more if I wanted to knit with it! Bah!













Oh yeah, and...

In case you thought that I was weeding out yarn from what was on the table...I am sad to disappoint, but no. Here is the yarn I removed from my stash BEFORE it went on the table. This will likely be made into a charity afghan by the kids at my new school. I'm thinking an after-school knitting club COULD be fun! Posted by Picasa


Here it is. All nice and organized. 60+ skeins. Posted by Picasa

All the other stuff went back in the knitting closet to wait patiently until I'm finished with the projects at hand. I think it may be time to start shopping from my stash for a while. I think I should have enough to old myself. At least for a little while. :)

5 Comments:

At 1:47 PM , Blogger Steve said...

"The acrylic is great for washable baby stuff..."

Eh? Is this a hint? BTW Rose took a look at your sweater-in-progress and mentioned you were quite talented.

I feel I'M talented when I remember to put the toilet seat down...

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Rabbitch said...

Yay! A real stash!

I no longer feel embarrassed.

Well, not a lot. No, I'm not posting all of mine yet.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Shopping from your own stash? Now that's a new concept. I have three tupperware shelving units full of yarn - yet I still keep buying it.

 
At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the term "shopping" from your stash. Maybe if I think about it that way instead of as a "yarn diet" I won't feel like I'm depriving myself! Because goodness knows, I've got plenty to keep me busy in the ole' yarn closet!

 
At 4:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I feel real guilty. I NEED to go & organize my stash...bad! I know there are yarns in there that I bought years ago that I will never use. Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home