Saturday, December 03, 2005

Goodbye to a Friend


It's amazing how an animal as small as a betta fish can become a fixture in your daily life. How is it possible for a grown woman to miss a fish who's most exciting day was jumping over a fish tank barrier, trying to commit fishicide. Jello Rainbow (red) was about two and a half years old (Is that old for a betta?) and loved to threaten his friend Sonic through the plastic screen that stood between them.

I have no idea how he died, but I'm pretty sure that Lucy's attempts to catch them through the fish tank's plastic walls didn't help. Maybe he was scared to death by a gigantic cat pouncing at the tank from time to time. Maybe he got pinned between the faux plants and the wall of the tank. We'll never know. For now, I'm off to scoop his fishy fins out of his home and send him down the other household bowl. I hope his fishy ghost is currently relaxing and enjoying that great ocean in the sky. We'll miss you J.R. (At least until we get another betta.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home