Monday, December 26, 2005

No Foto, Moto!

I realized the other day that I left my camera in my classroom on the last day of school, and I'm just not at the point yet where I'm ready to venture the 25 miles to go get it. Needless to say, that means that many of my knitted gifts went without glamour shots before they were packaged up and vigorously opened on Christmas Day.

There are a few things that have yet to make their way to their owners this holiday season, though, and I will try to get them photographed before I do something silly like actually give them away. I managed to get a purse, five scarves, and a hat knit up in just a few days, and this brings me to the realization that I. do. not. knit. fast. enough. Remember that I am out of practice. Other than that I have no excuses and no idea what it will take to help me knit faster. I'm under the impression that if I could just find an extra 2-3 hours a day in which to practice, I could certainly speed knit with the rest of them. Hmmm...

Of course, as I was too busy knitting for other people (and, apparently, I'm a big fat liar) poor Pinup languished all month without another stitch to show for all my time off. I didn't get to wear her beautiful red wooliness on Christmas... Maybe Valentine's Day?

Yes! That's it! She's saving herself to be worn on the reddest day of the year! Valentine's Day! Apparently, she's a bit lusty. I've already been giving her a few furrowed looks, trying to determine whether the neckline might be diving a little too low. I'm pretty certain, without having tried it on, that I'd be fired for wearing it without an accompanying tank top to school. Alas.

So...no pictures yet. Hopefully soon. I also hope that everyone enjoyed their Chrismahanukwaanzmakah and has a crazy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home