Monday, September 13, 2004

Bad Blogger!

Ok, ok. I know I've been a bad blogger! I have a million things to tell you about (not one of them being knit related) and not much time before I fall asleep sitting up. Today was the first day that I had my own classroom to myself. It was a little awkward at first because I, of course, do not do things exactly the same as the woman who was in there before. But, once things got rolling, we all had a good time. I'm going to try not to overwhelm you with too many pictures of everything, but I have so much to show you! :)


Here's a picture of my classroom before I spent all weekend tearing it apart. It looks A LOT different now. Posted by Hello



This is the other side of the bulletin board area that has since changed, but I love the orange-red piano. Don't you want to be in Kindergarten again? Posted by Hello



And here's the back of the classroom, complete with miniature chairs and tables that come up to my shins. Posted by Hello



Here's the great view I have outside my classroom window. The weather has been hot but absolutely gorgeous. Can you tell? Posted by Hello



Here are my sister and I at Dland. We had the best time surprising Mom. Posted by Hello



And here's Mom with her queenly set of ears. The diamonds light up when you press a button! That was just one more added surprise to our fun day! Posted by Hello



This was one of the best parts of my trip down south. AJ is my nephew who just turned one. In order to get my class ready for today, I had to miss his birthday party, and I am still really sad about it. :( I'll have to wait and hope that I'll get to see it on video. Posted by Hello



Here's a better picture. Posted by Hello



AJ playing with his new toy and broom. Does this kid ever love to sweep! Don't you dare try to take away his cleaning supplies! Posted by Hello



After I got back, I finally got to meet Kelly! I met her on Knitter's Review, and she moved out here at the beginning of the month. We spent a great day in Santa Barbara while I showed her around a little. Our next tour will be to the local knitting shops! Anyone else want to go? Posted by Hello



Anyway, I've now spent far too much time in my classroom and am hoping to find a system soon that will allow me to have a life again. Is that just wishful thinking? I have a crazy week ahead of me still, so I'm going to try to keep my blog up, but I'm finding it's like exercise...the first thing to go when there's barely enough time to eat or sleep.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Amie said...

Oh, how exciting! Thanks for all the pictures! Your classroom is going to be amazing, and yes, I want to be in kindergarten very badly now!!!!

Have a wonderful year (and don't tell any kids they're spelling their names wrong, like my KG teacher did...)

You're going to be everyone's favorite grade school memory!

 
At 2:03 AM , Blogger Melicrious said...

that kid is adorable mel! I WANT TO EAT HIM!!! D'land looks so fun too - insanely jealous :D

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Maureen said...

Was surfing and found your blog.. love it! Congrats on the new job! I know the feeling of getting hired! Just got a new job in the schools last year as a librarian! Fun Fun Fun! Hope your first week went well!

 
At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little kid looks like a Sumo Wrestler! LOL
Very nice classroom you have.
You know, Knitters Review is how I met Heather. It brings back nice memories! :-)

Eilene

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home